The Magnetic Alignment Camber Gauge measures the Camber and Caster angle on the wheel hub or brake disc. It allows adjustment to maintain correct wheel alignment and prevent your tire from getting untimely worn out.. Its a useful tool to maintain the correct Camber settings after dismantling and re-assembling the suspension.
- Magnetic gauge easily attaches to the hub or disc brake.
- Helps to save expensive repair and down time
Accurate checking of the castor and camber angle
- Simple leveling adjustment from -5 degrees to 5 degrees
- Maintains correct wheel alignment and prevents worn tires.
- Allows you to return the strut to the original camber position after dismantling and re-assembling the suspension or to check the amount of camber change before re-installing
- Easy to read and convenient to operate
- Time and money saving
Multi-Function：Suitable for accurate checking of the camber angle.Fit for Ford, Benz, BMW, Brilliance, Chevrolet, Chevy, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Dadi, Daewoo, Daihatsu, Demo, Fiat, Ford, GM, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Isuz, Jaguar, Kia, Lancia, LandRover, Mahindra, Maruti, Mazda, Mitsubish, Nissn, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Romeo, Rover, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Subaru, Suzuki, Tata, Toyota, Volvo, VW, Yamaha etc.
Use of high quality steel material, the strong magnetic gauge tool has high strength plasticity, good toughness, high safety and reliability. Highly optimized for general use, ensure maximum strength and durability for long lasting usage.
HOW TO USE
- Remove the four-wheel positioning sensor (fixture) then the tire
- Carefully place the magnetic gauge tool on the side of the brake wheel
- Adjust the gauge tool to zero
- Install the required positioning special parts
- With the help of magnetic gauge tool's degree findings you adjust the positioning parts to the required measurement angle
- If there is a little deviation when you re-test with the positioning tool, just fine-tune at the bottom of the car. (Generally a little deviation does not cause positioning failure)
- 1 x Magnetic Alignment Camber Gauge
Size: approx. 12.7 x 5cm/ 5" x 1.97" (L*D)
The body of gauge is made of high density aluminum and precision level vial, but the mount is made of metal so that please live it away from water, or maybe it will get rusty.
Q1. How do I check the castor angle with a level?
Turn your wheel 20 degrees to the right Place a flat bar against the very outside of your rim On top of the flat bar, place your level to find the angle.
Turn your wheel 20 degrees to the left Place a flat bar against the very outside of your rim On top of the flat bar, place your level to find the angle.
Subtract the angles you get and that will be your caster angle.
Q2: How difficult is it to use?
Not difficult at all. use it mainly for alignment purposes. attach it to the face of the rotor and set the gauge bubble to zero, remove it from rotor and replace strut or what ever else have to replace that involves removing the strut bolts and as putting it back together put the gauge back on the rotor and tighten the bolts once get the bubble to go back to zero. (With out moving the gauge dial of course).
Q3. But how do I zero my castor level?
If you want to increase the positive caster move the outer upper ball joint towards the rear of the vehicle.
If you want to increase the negative caster then move it towards the front of the vehicle.